Florida Heights Portion 6: Integrated Housing Development
In order to address the pressing housing shortage in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Area, Sakhisizwe Renewable Energy have identified and obtained land to develop an integrated housing development on Portion 6 of the Farm Florida No. 321 in Uitenhage (Kariega).
The proposed composition of the development is as follows:
- 29 four level walk-up blocks of flats consisting of 107 bedsitter units and 110 one bedroom units and 524 two bedroom units.
- 106 affordable housing units, consisting of 74 two bedroom units and 32 three bedroom units.
- 71 military veterans units.
- 100 RDP units.
- Approximately 6 commercial, social and other cluster developments, the exact nature thereof to be determined.
- In summary the development will consist of 1018 housing units of varying size and occupancy with and the commercial and other clusters.
AfriCoast Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd is responsible for the overall project management of the development and multi-disciplinary project team. Africoast were also responsible for the design of bulk water and sanitation infrastructure and the internal earthworks, roads and stormwater and structural design of buildings and structures.
The project is currently within the design stage, with final approvals pending at the relevant departments of the Infrastructure and Engineering Directorate of Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality.