Loerie Water Treatment Works
NMBM appointed AfriCoast for the upgrading and rehabilitation of the 105Ml/day Loerie WTW in phases.
AfriCoast was responsible for all project planning, process, civil and structural designs, tender documentation, contract administration and construction monitoring for each phase.
The work included the following undertaken over a number of years and under different contracts:
- Rehabilitation of the raw water pipeline
- Upgrade of the raw water pumps
- Complete new chemical, lime and chlorine dosing systems
- Rehabilitation of the clarifloculator settling tanks
- Upgrade of the filters, including new backwash pipework, pumps and controls
- Replacement of the 2MW final water pumps, including new electrical substation buildings,
- Alterations, repairs and rehabilitation to existing buildings
- New road works
The WTW was required to be kept operational at all times during the construction stages. This required that temporary chemical and chlorine dosing facilities had to be provided whilst these systems were being upgraded.